Plant and Scrymser Pavilions for Private Patients, St. Luke's Hospital
Now St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
[Return to list]
Dewey Decimal: LPCDR 
Primary Author: Landmarks Preservation Commission
Secondary Author:
Additional Authors:
Year Published: 2002
Number of pages: 38
Resource Type: Designation Report
Publisher:
Description: Two of the original pavilions were demolished in the 1950s and 60s; the Stuyvesant building (1956-57, York & Sawyer) replaced the Norrie Pavilion; the Vanderbilt Pavilion replaced the Service & Research Building. The dome of the Muhlenberg Pavilion was removed in 1967. This designation report covers the two of the six remaining pavilions designed by Ernest Flagg.
Architectural Styles:
   French Renaissance

Files:
   View PDF (2002PlantScrymserPavilions.pdf)

Subjects:
   New York Buildings
   New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission Reports: Manhattan
   Manhattan Morningside Heights