Expanded Landmark Site of The Ernest Flagg House, Gatehouse and Gate  
Ernest Flagg House, Scalabrini Fathers of Saint Charles and the Copperflagg Residential Development, The Society of St. Charles
[Return to list]
Full Address: 209 Flagg Place, Staten Island, NY
Alternative Address:
Year Built: 1898-1917
Year Designated: 1983
Year Published: 1983
Architect: Ernest Flagg
Key words: country estate, Ernest Flagg, Todt Hill, form-building, stone houses, book: Small Houses Their Economical Design and Construction,outbuildings, Americal colonial architecture, middle-class housing, technological experimentation, Flaggs Estate Company, cement and stone construction, individual landmark
Notes: the expansion of the site includes gardner's cottages, palm house, swimming pool, stable, storage house, garage, large water tower, small water tower and retaining walls
Architectural Styles:
   Colonial Revival
   vernacular

Files:
   View PDF (1983ErnestHouse-Gatehouse-Gate-Expanded.pdf)

Subjects:
   New York Buildings
   New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission Reports: Staten Island
   Staten Island Todt Hill