Landmark Site of Former Knickerbocker Field Club 
[Return to list]
Full Address: 114 East 18th Street, Brooklyn, NY
Alternative Address:
Year Built: 1892
Year Designated: 1992
Year Published: 1992
Architect: Parfitt Brothers
Key words: clubhouse, Richard Ficken, tennis club, Tennis Court Community, Flatbush, demolished, arson, burned down, razed, burnt, fire, individual landmark
Notes: Rescinded by Board of Estimate after original designation in 1978. A devastating fire in 1988 caused by arsonists led to an application to demolish the structure. After visiting the site, the LPC gave the Notice to Proceed for demolition. Because nothing of merit now exists on the lot, the prior designation has been rescinded.
Architectural Styles:
   Colonial Revival

   View PDF (1992-LandmarkSiteOfFormerKnickerbockerFdClub.pdf)

   New York Buildings
   New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission Reports: Brooklyn
   Brooklyn Flatbush