NoHo Historic District Extension 
[Return to list]
Full Address: Bond, Great Jones, E. 4th Sts. btwn. Lafayette St and the Bowery, northeast corner of Bleecker and Lafayette Sts., Manhattan, NY
Alternative Address:
Year Built: 1820's-1920's
Year Designated: 2008
Year Published: 2008
Architect: mixed (various architects)
Key words: Samuel Jones, Adolph Giobbe, store - and - loft buildings, commercial and manufacturing center, John Jacob Astor, Vauxhall Gardens, Jonas Minturn, brick or wood-framed stable buildings, Dr. Harvey Burdell, Third Avenue elevated train, German Renaissance Revival, St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church, The Mission of the Immaculate Virgin, New York Board of Fire Underwriters, New York Free Circulating Library, Bond Street Savings Bank, Bouwerie Lane Theatre, William Wood and Company, publishing houses, Middle Broadway, White House Hotel, garment industry, historic district extension
Notes: The NoHo Historic District Extension consists of fifty-six buildings on Bond, Great Jones, and East 4th Streets between Lafayette Street and the Bowery plus the northeast corner of Bleecker Street and Lafayette Street. The homes included in the extension were built primarily between the early nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. In the twenty - first century, the new zoning variances allowed for new residential construction, reflects two centuries of development.
Architectural Styles:
   Classic Revival
   Federal
   Greek Revival
   Italianate
   Neo-Grec
   Romanesque Revival

Files:
   View PDF (2008NoHoHistoricDistrictExtension.pdf)

Subjects:
   New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission Reports: Manhattan
   Manhattan Bowery
   NoHo Historic District
   New York Buildings