Fort Washington Presbyterian Church 
[Return to list]
Full Address: 617-619 West 174th Street, Manhattan, NY
Alternative Address:
Year Built: 1913-14
Year Designated: 2009
Year Published: 2009
Architect: Thomas Hastings, Carrère & Hastings
Key words: West Park Presbyterian Church, Rev. Doctor Thomas S. Hastings, James Gibbs, Flemish bond, Indiana limestone, individual landmark
Notes: Fort Washington Presbyterian remained affiliated with West Park Presbyterian until 1923. In 1982 Fort Washington Presbyterian’s congregation ceded its church to the Primera Iglesia Espaňola de Washington Heights. The Hispanic congregation was established in Washington Heights in 1948, and was the voice for the Puerto Rican community in New York.
Architectural Styles:
   Neo-Georgian

Files:
   View PDF (fortwashingtonfinal.pdf)

Subjects:
   New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission Reports: Manhattan
   New York Buildings
   Manhattan