- About Us
- For Organizations
- For Researchers
- Public Programs & Events
- Get Involved
- St. Mark's Historic Landmark Fund
The Neighborhood Preservation Center offers workspaces to not-for-profit groups working toward the preservation and improvement of the urban environment that are in need of short-term space to undertake a specific project, fledgling groups in need of a temporary home, and organizations based outside of New York City, and groups in need of shared office space.
Each group has access to a workspace during the Center’s hours of operation (Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm). With each workstation a group also has access to internet, telephone, voicemail, document storage, mail receipt, and use of the fax and printer. Included for each month of a group’s residence is two hours of free meeting room use during the Center’s office hours.
The 2014 fee per workstation is $425/month; for one room is $1,000/month. Additional costs, billed monthly, include internet, phone service and voicemail (based on Verizon rates); photocopies and printing; consumables; and after-hours use of the meeting rooms.
Please submit a written request on the sponsoring organization’s letterhead that includes the following:
- a description of the organization,
- the proposed dates the organization requires a workstation,
- if this is for a specific project, a description of the project to be undertaken,
- the number of workstations the organization wishes to use, and
- the number of people who will be using the workstation(s).
Send letters of request to Workstations/Offices, Neighborhood Preservation Center, 232 East 11th Street, New York, New York 10003 or by email.
Eligible groups that have no base of operation may use the Neighborhood Preservation Center as a mail drop. Here is the application form for 2014.
The yearly fee is:
- $100 for no forwarding of mail. All mail must be picked up at the Center.
- $125 for forwarding mail once a month. This service does not include postage: FedEx or UPS account number or stamps to forward mail must be provided in advance.
- $350 for no forwarding of mail and 12 hours use of one meeting room during the calendar year.
- $375 for forwarding mail once a month and 14 hours use of one meeting room during the calendar year. Forwarding does not include postage, which must be provided in advance.
- $600 for no forwarding of mail and 24 hours use of one meeting room during the calendar year.
- $625 for forwarding mail once a month and 24 hours use of one meeting room during the calendar year. Forwarding does not include postage, which must be provided.